In addition to celebrating St. Patrick’s on March 17th last week, with some 700,000 Social Workers, we celebrated World Social Work Day.
As a new member of the Wise Family, I stand together with colleagues and the world to advance our common message globally – To serve our parents, adults and families for generations strong. A Family Therapist with 20+ years; clinical and teaching experiences in social work, I am looking forward to supporting parents and especially advocating families through the corona virus crisis.
- Feeling anxious?
- Overwhelmed? Uneasy?
- Finding it difficult to manage family stress, telework and the kids home from school?
- You are not alone.
It is common to feel anxious especially during the Corona Virus crisis.
To de-stress, here are a few tips:
- Keep a regular schedule. Routine is key
- Take daily family walks alone. Rediscover nature.
- Learn to meditate.
- Practice yoga and be less concerned about the pose. Stay present.
Focus. Be quiet. Listen.
Hear your breath.
- Discover movies you have been planning to watch.
- Take turns and don’t forget the popcorn! Pop it together as a family!
- Facetime Grandparents, elderly friends, family you know and love.
They will enjoy the family connection and entertainment. Most of all, count your blessings for each other. Find ways to be grateful and keep washing those hands. Clean hands, happy hearts and wise families, best of the best!